Before Use - (excluding the Pizza Stone and Grilling/Baking Stone) EH Flame ceramic should be seasoned. To season a new dish, we recommend adding about 1 inch of milk to cover the bottom of the dish. Let the milk simmer for five minutes. Remove the dish from heat and allow it to cool before cleaning. You can also simmer one quart of water with 1/2 cup of rice for five minutes instead of the milk. When heated, the Flame-top cookpot expands slightly. This phenomenon creates small, thin cracks in the glaze, which are visible on light colored cookware and not usually noticeable on the darker pieces. These small cracks are not a flaw, but are proof that the Flame-top cookware is resistant to temperature change and is a sign of longevity.
Healthy cooking with Flame® ceramic from Emile Henry:
Discover the taste of healthy cooking, lovingly prepared in an entirely natural cooking utensil. This is the role of Emile Henry's Flame® ceramic. Created for use directly on the heat (gas, electricity or halogen*), our Flame® products can also be used in the oven or microwave.
Our products can be used at a temperature of 500°C/930°F and are highly resistant to thermal shocks: you can take your dish from the freezer (-20°C/0°F) and put it directly in a hot oven. What's more, its capacity to retain the heat means that the food stays hot for longer on the table.
Specialized in cooking simmered meat, fish and vegetables, our Flame® ceramic also has its role to play in preparing deserts. Thanks to its even heat diffusion, famous chefs recommend it for making caramel quickly and easily!
* with an induction disk for induction stove tops.
- Natural Products: We attach great importance to the fact that our stewpots, tagines and other cooking utensils are produced using raw materials taken directly from the surrounding countryside: non-treated clay, sand, filtered water and mineral oxides for the colorful glazes. This allows you to cook in total safety. There is no lead, cadmium or nickel in our products, which means that there is no risk of contamination while cooking. Emile Henry's Flame® cookware is made in Marcigny France from high fired Burgundy clay.
- Delicate Cooking: Contrary to metallic cooking utensils, our Flame® ceramic is an excellent heat diffuser (not conductor). Cooking is therefore gentle: the food does not burn and all the flavors are kept in tact. Very high temperatures are therefore unnecessary and we
advise you to always start on a low heat. This even heat distribution means that the ingredients do not burn during cooking and conserve all their vitamins.
- Healthy Cooking The absence of metal in our products allows you to cook without oxidizing the food, thus retaining all the vitamins and nutritive qualities present in the ingredients. What's more, our highly resistant glazes allow cooking with a minimal amount of fat. Finally, our non-porous ceramic avoids the absorption of smells or water and makes it easy to clean. Discover the versatility of our Flame® products.
- Resistance Against Mechanical Shocks: During everyday use, there are many opportunities to bang a dish or a set of plates. Particularly resistant to shocks, our ceramic is even used in restaurants!
- Resistance Against Temperature Changes: A dish or stewpot should be able to withstand wide variations in temperature. Our ceramics allow our products to be taken directly from the freezer to the hot oven (+500°C/930°F).
- Resistance Against Fading Colors: Heat, the dishwasher or sharp instruments will all have an ageing effect on a product. Our glazes are particularly resistant to the dishwasher and the most aggressive of detergents.