...and Orange Dipping Sauce!
Soba (and or Udon) noodles have a wonderful flavor that is terrific with shrimp and stir fried vegetables.
2 Oranges for fresh juice
2 Tbls. Mirin (rice wine)
1 ½ Tsp. Soy Sauce (organic)
1 Tsp. Rice Vinegar
1 ½ Tsp. minced Jalapeno
½ Tsp. grated fresh ginger root
1.5 lb. Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
6 Oz. Soba (substitute Udon) noodles
Vegetable Oil for Grill surface
Optional: Stir Fry Sauce (any flavor)
Select your own desired Vegetables for Stir Fry e.g.
Japanese Long Beans
Snow Peas (optional)
1. In a bowl combine the OJ, Mirin, soy sauce, vinegar, chile and ginger.
2. Shrimp marinade: Option 1; Use a few tablespoons of the dipping sauce for 10 minutes. Option 2: Rub shrimp with favorite seafood spices e.g. Paul Prudhommes Seafood Magic
3. Boil a large pot of salted water and add soba noodles until done. Remove from heat drain and set aside.(rinsing is optional).
4. Drizzle EVOO in a wok or other pan e.g. terracotta baking dish and sauté all vegetables until tender. Optional: Add stir fry sauce and stir until hot, remove from heat and cover.
5. Shrimp preparation: Option 1: Skewer and grill until done, Option 2: Toss into wok or terracotta baking dish and cook in EVOO until done.
6. Remove and serve all ingredients as separate dishes; Shrimp, veggies, noodle and dipping sauce on the side.