FLAME® is Emile Henry's newest innovation in ceramic technology. Designed to work on the barbeque, (gas, charcoal, natural wood or electric cooking), in the oven, and under the broiler at temperatures up to 750° F (400 C). The Emile Henry Chicken Roaster is designed to hold up to an 8lb chicken with room to put potatoes and vegetables around the chicken at the base to soak up the delicious juices.
- Juicy Chicken = reduced fat
- Retains heat, cooks from inside out
- Pouring spout
- Basin collects juice or offers room for roasting vegetables
1 4-5 Lb. Bare Free Range Chicken
Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic
1/3 Stick Butter (Unsalted)
1 pkg. Potato (variety, red, fingerling and indigo)
1 Can Chicken Broth (low sodium)
FIRE UP YOUR EGG in a indirect set up (pictured here) with plate setter legs down and pizza stone. Stabilize the egg between 350 and 375 degrees fahrenheit at the dome.
1. Rinse Chicken and rub with PP's Poultry Magic
2. Place on EH Braiser
3. Surround with potatoes
4. Pour 2/3's can of Broth over potatoes then sprinkle with Coarse Sea Salt and dollop butter on top of the chicken (especially if you have forgotten to rub the chicken down before seasoning...note to self)
5. Place in Egg and insert electronic thermometer
6. Close lid and DO NOT PEEK until breast hits 180 degrees.
7. Remove and let sit while completing your table set up et al.
8. Slice and serve with your favorite side dishes.