Saturday, March 6, 2010
Cherry-Marinated Bone-in Ribeyes with Corn Salsa and POLENTA
2-4 each - 1 ½” Bone-In Ribeyes or Beef Tenderloin steaks
1/3 Cup – Finely Chopped Green Bell Pepper
¼ Cup – Fresh Chopped Red Sweet Onion
1 Tbsp. – Fresh Cilantro
1 ½ Tsp. – Lime Juice (half for concentrate)
2. In a medium size bowl, stir the juice concentrate, EVOO, pepper and garlic. Pour into bag over meat, seal and rotate to coat meat well and place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
3. Fire up your Big Green Egg to T-Rex (full-flame) and remove Beef from refrigerator. Drain off and discard marinade
4. Cooking method 1: Toss those steaks on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side (to taste but NEVER more than Medium – Medium-Rare). You will likely not get a glaze finish with this method.
5. Cooking method 2 (recommended): Cook indirect on your grid with a drip pan for 30-40 minutes. Turn after 20 minutes. Serve with the Corn Salsa.
6. Corn Salsa: In a medium size bowl combine the corn, red and green peppers, Onion, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Salt and Pepper and mix. Set stand at room temperature. If made ahead of time the salsa should be refrigerated for 24 hours and removed 1 hour prior to serving at room temperature.