Well you can use whatever part of the chicken you choose actually but I prefer Drumettes! You know, the small fleshy part of a chicken wing, often fried and served as an appetizer. [drum(stick) + -ette.] To make this recipe you have to spend a whopping five minutes preparing a simple marinade which is cheap and easy to prepare. When cooked you can eat them ‘as is’ or dip them in your favorite dipping sauce, hot, garlic, whatever you prefer.
3 Lb. – Chicken Drumettes (approx.25- 30 pieces)
½ Cup – Soy Sauce
1/3 Cup – Honey
2-3 Tbsp. – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. – Chili Sauce
½ Tsp. – Garlic Powder
½ Tsp. – Fresh Ground Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. – Minced Garlic
Splash – Worcestershire sauce
Preparation and Cooking
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well to blend.
2. Place chicken drumettes in a rectangular (9 x 13) baking dish.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken to coat. Let marinate for 3 hours or longer, turning the chicken after 90 minutes.
4. Preheat Big Green Egg to approximately 350 degrees (dome temp) and insert the plate setter with legs up and place a drip pan large enough to catch drippings from the drumettes while they cook. Option: Regular Grid or Raised Grid position.
5. Drain Chicken and preserve Marinade. Place drumettes directly on the grid and close the lid. Slow cook them to perfection, (approximately 45 minutes) brushing them occasionally with marinade, turning once; enjoy!