Sunday, July 25, 2010
Asiago Apple Chicken Marzetti
• 12 Oz. Asiago Apple Chicken Sausage, ground
• 8-9 Oz. Large Shell Macaroni
• 5 Green Onions, diced
• ½ Fresh Large Green Pepper, diced
• 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
• 1½ Cups, Finely shredded Mozzarella cheese
• 1 14.5 Oz. Stewed Tomatoes
• 1 – 8 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1. Fire up the Egg to Full Flame with Grid in place
2. Boil water and add macaroni, stir frequently until tender (approximately 10 minutes); remove from heat and drain in colander then set aside.
3. Drizzle EVOO into pot and add sausage and brown.
4. Add green onions, green pepper and garlic and finish cooking sausage.
5. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring ingredients up to temperature and then add back the Macaroni and stir.
6. Immediately add cheese and stir until melted, remove from heat and serve.