Sunday, November 25, 2012

Miniature Candy Apples (a.k.a. Grapes)

We had a wonderful dinner at a great friends house last night.  Now while I REALLY want to steal her Chicken Chili recipe, the one that I DID bring home and copy today was her dessert, miniature candy apples made with grapes.  They were AMAZING.  As most of you know I have NO SHAME in stealing recipes and trying there right here on my blog, most of my cookbook contains someone else's original recipe with slight modifications. 
 
So; while at the store this morning I picked up the ingredients and gave it a shot.  The ONLY thing I changed was I bought RED grapes and covered the entire (at least I tried) grape to make it look like a real candy apple.  I know it is JUST a mental image, but these things give you the taste of a real candy apple...you don't notice the grape taste; it's a mind trick I suppose but makes this dessert a real treat.
 
The ingredients are simple:
  • 1-1.5 Lb. Large Red Seedless Grapes
  • 1 Pkg. Carmel Bits
  • 1 Can - Salted Peanuts
  • Toothpicks

Directions:
  1. De-stem the grapes, wash and set aside.
  2. Chop 3-4 Oz. of Peanuts.
  3. Dump the Carmel Bits into a medium high sauce pan and melt.
  4. When melted, cover, dip or whatever method you can figure out with carmel and roll in chopped peanuts.
 

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a twisted idea! (In a good way of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add two TBLS of heavy cream...

    ReplyDelete