Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rosle Kettle Grill - Ash removal made easy


Ash Removal
It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it…cleaning the grill; specifically the job of removing the ash in this case.  The Rösle kettle grill engineers have clearly put a lot of thought into this step and it is quick and painless as demonstrated in the pictures below.  It's a five minute job, tops!

Step 1 – Remove the Cooking Grid and Charcoal Grid from the Kettle.
Step 2 – Open the bottom damper to full flame setting (opens up the largest slots in the bottom of the kettle)
Step 3 – Sweep the ash into the openings where it drops into the ash collector.
Step 4 – Remove the ash collector and dispose of ashes.
Step 5 – Return the ash collector and grids into place and you are ready for your next cook.
 
 
Rookie Mistake - Notice the two handles; one is for the damper set to full air flow, the other is the handle to the ash pot.  If you reach down in a hurry you CAN grab the ash pot handle and release it fairly easily during the cook.  You'll only do it once however and only when the damper is in this position.  It was a surprise when I did it, LOL.


2 comments:

  1. I have a confession, I rarely clean my Egg's ash. My wife has a bit of an OCD thing and does it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta tell you Chris, even though Rosle dropped this on me for review, I am TOTALLY in love with this grill. My wife first bet me I would never use the BGE again and now she's saying I should sell it...OMG 320 page Cookbook later...I think she's lost her mind, LOL. I have NOT however uncovered the Egg since receiving the Rosle. The Kingsford lights and comes up to temp SO FAST and the grilling surface is HUGE compared to my large egg. I'm finding it to be not too bad on temperature control either. I think it could stand a gasket, wouldn't have to be air tight, just not metal on metal. I'm loving some of your recent cooks man, got to catch up to you on the photography however...I get in a hurry to cook and eat, picturs are an afterthought.

    ReplyDelete