- 1 ¼” Pork Chops (sustainable, free range)
- 1 Lb. Bag of Potatoes (Indigo, Fingerling, variety of choice or Sub-Rice)
- Paul Prudhommes Pork Magic (I got lazy on the rub)
- Paul Prudhommes Vegetable Magic (we love this spice combo)
- 8 Oz. Bag – Cipollini Onions
- Unsalted butter
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Sage
- 3 Heaping Tbls. Honey (local honey always)
- ½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
I can't plate it like Chris (I'm always in a hurry to eat, post, clean up and relax) but I have to admit this was AMAZING no matter the quality of the lighting or my rust to shot and eat...
- Pork Chops MUST be at room temperature; season with Paul Prudhommes Pork Magic. Set aside/chill for 2-4 hours (a mini-marinade rub).
- Blanch the Cipollini in boiling water for 3 minutes. Cool and peel them.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat and add the butter, onions, sage and caramelize the onions (about 20 minutes). 1
- Add the honey and vinegar and cook until reduced, another 10-20 minutes.*
- While cooling fire up your grill to high heat/full flame/or about 500 degrees at the dome.
- Grill the chops until they reach an internal temp of around 137 degrees, dome down and almost totally shut down (8-10 minutes, flipping once)
- Allow the chops to rest for 5-10 minutes and the finished temperature will raise to or past 145 degrees.
Steamed Potato variety, smashed and salted.
Canned spinach heated with Paul Prudhommes Vegetable Magic and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar and a pinch of sea salt.
1 Paraphrased from the original recipe posted by Chris at Nibble Me This...