A variation on my Penne with Sausage and Peas that included substituting Mild Italian Sausage (for Andouille) and 8 oz. of Tomato sauce for the chicken broth in the original recipe. Probably more of a Marzette than a Paella actually.
• 8-10 Oz. Penne Pasta, uncooked
• ¾ Lb. Mild Italian Sausage
• 3 large Cloves of Fresh Garlic (minced)
• 1 Large Tomato, chopped
• ¼ Tsp. Salt
• 1 -2 Tsp. Paul Prudhomme’s Seasoning Magic Pork and Veil Magic
• 8 Oz. can Tomato Sauce
• 1 Cup, Frozen peas, thawed
• 1 Cup, Fresh Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Fire up BGE to full flame and heat a large pot (a CI double broiler or Emile Henry 4-5 qt. pot will work fine) of lightly salted water to boiling; Add pasta and cook until tender then drain and set aside.
2. Close off the bottom damper on the BGE to and place large paella pan on grid.
3. Drizzle EVOO in bottom of paella pan then add the garlic and sausage, sprinkle on the Pork Magic and cook until browned (turn/stir occasionally).
4. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the pasta and the peas and stir well.
6. When hot, add the cheese and toss until melted. (Option: Add Cheese as a garnish instead of melting with the pasta).
7. Remove from heat and serve right from the Paella pan.
Nothing like cooking the entire dinner on the egg once again, no heat in the kitchen. Here are the 'RAWS' (most of them anyway).