Thursday, November 22, 2012

Prime Rib Thanksgiving Dinner

I think this is the first time I can remember not having Turkey on Thanksgiving...however, I had a nine (9) pound Prime Rib (Free Range from Missouri Legacy Beef) calling my name from the freezer that just couldn't stay there any longer.


Started by cutting off four (4) each 1 Lb. Prime Rib Steaks and putting those away to age.  The rest I rubbed with Vegetable Oil, Celery Salt and Garlic Black Pepper.  Added a cup of French Dip Au Jus and fired up the Egg to 350 degrees.  My Emile Henry Roaster was perfect for the 5 Lb Prime Rib Roast left as you can see in the pictures.
Of COURSE...Someone had to start with dessert...my infamous Cherry Blueberry Pie...cooked in the Oven while I wait on my new EH Pie Dish to arrive. 

1 comment:

  1. For me, turkey is Thanksgiving, prime rib is Christmas. And I can't WAIT for Christmas now!

    I bet those aged steaks are going to be good too.

    ReplyDelete