o 1 Lb. Medium Italian Sausage
o ½ Lb. Lean Ground Beef (organic)
o 6 Large Green Onions, diced
o 8-10 oz. Yellow Saffron Rice (pre-cooked) –Substitute White
o 8 oz. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
o 40 Oz. Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce (1 ½ 26 Oz. bottles)
o 2 Cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
o 4 Large Garlic Cloves peeled and minced.
o Celery Salt and Garlic Pepper (to taste)
o Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Preparation and Cooking1. Cut tops from peppers and remove membranes and seeds; for more tender peppers, par-boil for 5 minutes and drain
2. Pre-cook Saffron Rice per package directions
3. Bring BGE to full flame and drizzle EVOO into a Cast Iron skillet on a raised grid and brown the sausage and ground beef EVOO with the green onions, celery salt, garlic pepper and diced garlic and drain.
4. Mix Sausage, Beef, onion, rice and parmesan cheese and stuff the peppers with the mixture
5. Spoon pasta sauce into 13” baking pan about 1/2-3/4” deep
6. Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese over peppers
7. Pour remainder of Pasta Sauce over peppers
8. Sprinkle remainder of Mozzarella cheese over the top
9. Remove Grid and 2” fire ring and replace with Plate Setter positioned with the legs DOWN.
10. Close lid and stabilize temperature to 350-375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes
Recommended Side Dish - Garlic Mashed Potatoes