Ingredients (organic where available)
€ 2 Tbls. Minced Garlic
€ 1 Large Red Onion, Diced fine
€ 2 Small Red Peppers, Chopped
€ 2 Tbls. Cornstarch
€ 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
€ 1 Lb. Small Red Potatoes, Diced with skin on
€ 10 Oz. Spicy Beef Chorizo, ground
€ 1 Medium Zucchini, trimmed and sliced thin
10 Oz. Red Kidney Beans
€ ¾ Cup Heavy Creme
1. Heat the EVOO in a large Emile Henry Dutch Oven and add the garlic and onion and cook until translucent. Add the bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Mix the cornstarch into a paste with some stock and add to the Dutch Oven the add the stock and bring to a boil.
2. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper (optional). Bring to a boil and lower the heat then simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add the chorizo, zucchini and beans and simmer for another 15 minutes then add the heavy creme and cook for another 5 minutes remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Tuscan Bread Salad
Picked up this recipe from our Food Network Cooking School but changed up the dressing…
€ 4 Cups – Italian Bread Croutons (start with Bread Cubed into 1” pieces)
€ 1 Medium Cucumber, seeded and cubed (1.4” slices)
€ 1 Cup – Diced Red Onion
€ 2 Tbls. Capers, drained and rinsed
€ ¾ Cup Dressing
o 3 parts EVOO
o 2 parts Balsamic Vinegar
o Two Health dollops of Dijon Mustard
o Healthy dash of your favorite Seasoned Salt
€ 5-6 Cups, Romaine lettuce, torn into 1-2” pieces
1. Place bread crumbs on a ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes with a dash of steak rub.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, capers and toasted bread, Drizzle ½ Cup dressing and toss, let set for 15 minutes.
3. Add lettuce and drizzle the remaining dressing and toss to coat well, serve immediately.