Did you ever have something SOOOOO good you just had to have it again just a few days later?
Well we have and it was just last weekend that I posted my Philly Cheese Steak Knock Off made from a pre-cooked eye of round roast...it was amazing. We've had other meals from this roll and thought we'd end it with one more shot at the steak sandwiches on our new baking stone. The results were equally amazing to the first go around. The featured cookware was our Emily Henry Flame Top Baking Stone...
1 Pre-cooked, peppered Eye of Round Roast Beef (Shaved)
1 Organic Sweet Onion, chopped and diced.
1 Medium Green Pepper, chopped and diced.
1. Preheat Big Green Egg (hot) and grill the onions and peppers until crispy tender and remove.
2. Place Emily Henry Baking Stone on the Egg and place shredded beef, onions and peppers; adding water to create steam.
3. Continuously stir and slice the beef and then mix (3-4 minutes) until the beef is heated through.
4. Add Provolone cheese and drizzle on more water and cover with a lid for 15 seconds.
5. Serve into Hoagie buns, dress with your favorite condiments and serve.
Note: The baking stone is a little large for the Large Green Egg but the height turned out to be perfect for this cook making the set up work like a restaurant griddle. Since we were using pre cooked beef and no oils there was no risk of flare ups.