Prepared this new salad today to accompany the Kansas City Strip Steaks we'll be grilling tonight for our Son's Birthday! This actually turned out to be a TOTALLY organic salad; quite by acccident of the available ingredients on hand.
1 Cup – Giant Pearl Cous Cous (whole wheat)
¼ Cup -- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon, Juiced and zested
1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 Cup -- Diced Tomato
2 Medium Green Onions, chopped
1 Avocado, diced
1 Tsp. Garlic, minced
Sea Salt and Fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan Cheese (as a garnish or mixed into the salad)
1. Bring salted water to boil and add the giant pearl cous cous; reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
2. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and parsley in a medium bowl then add the tomatoes, green onions, avocado and garlic and mix well.
3. Add the cous cous to the mixture and stir together.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest (Option: Add the zest and cheese directly to the salad mixture).
5. Serve at room temperature, chilled or warm.