This casserole is inspired by my original Artichoke pizza recipes. Remove the pizza dough and substitute an Emile Henry Flame Top Cassoulet or Braiser casserole dish and it’s now a wonderful chicken casserole! This dish is baked indirectly on my Large Big Green Egg and is totally scalable. This dish serves 6-8 but it totally scalable e.g. you can use a 9 x 9 pan and 4 breasts and remove 1/4-1/3 Cup each Cheese and Mayo and you’ve halved the recipe.
6 Large Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts (may contain rib meat)
1 ½ Cups -- Artichoke Hearts (rinsed, drained and chopped)
2 Cups -- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 ¼ Cups – EVOO Mayonnaise
1 ½ Tbls. Garlic Parsley (ground spice)
1 Large Fresh Red Bell Pepper (sliced or diced)
- Set up your Egg for Indirect Cooking (see fun facts in back of cookbook)
- Fire up the Egg and stabilize the temperature at 375 degrees (dome)
- Mix all ingredients (using ¾’s of the bell pepper)
OPTION: You can mix the artichoke hearts into the mayo mix OR place them on top of the casserole before baking
- Grease cooking pan lightly
- Place Breasts in pan and cover with mixture
- Sprinkle remaining pepper over the mixture and breasts
- Bake for 40 minutes or until juices run.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes then serve.