Dinner tonight was Tri Tip and a new recipe; Lentil-Quinoa Salad...
1 Qt. Water
3/4 Cup - dried green Lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup dried Quinoa
2 Oz. - fresh asparagus tips cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 Cup - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup - Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp. grated fresh Ginger
1 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp. coarsely ground Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp. dried Red Pepper Fakes
2 Oz. Pine nuts, toasted (Substitute Walnut or shaved Almonds)
4 Cups - mix Baby Arugula and Mixed Greens
1. Boil water over high heat and add lentils then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add the Quinoa, cover and simmer for another 8-10 minutes then add the asparagus tips an cook for 2-3 minutes until asparagus is tender but crisp.
3. Drain in a fine strainer and rinse with cold water to completely cool shaking off all excess water and set aside.
4. Combine oil, vinegar, ginger, salt, black pepper and pepper flakes in a bowl and set aside.
5. Add the cooled lentil mixture and nuts to the oil mixture and toss gently, until well coated.
6. Serve over the arugula - greens mix.