That's my newest toy (Paula Dean Stock Pot) on the Egg...and you won't find any broth or soup in my chili...that's why I picked CHOWDER as the moniker instead of Chili "Soup"...This recipe won the University of Missouri Finance Departments United Way Chili Cook Off in 2009...I was quite honored!
2 lb.- Lean Ground Beef (Organic -Missouri Legacy Beef)
1-Large Vidalia Onion (or sweet)
2 -28 oz. Cans of Peeled Tomatoes
1/2 Medium - Garlic Bulb
2 -16 oz Bush Dark Red Kidney Beans
16 oz. Barilla Elbow Macaroni (depends on how thick you want the chowder)
Lysander’s Chili Seasoning
Preparation and Cooking Directions
1. In a large soup kettle or stock pot, brown the ground beef with chopped Onion and 4-8 cloves of garlic (to taste). Stir and continue browning until medium well.
2. Add 2 to 4 TBS Lysander’s Chili Seasoning then add ½ tsp of Garlic Salt and a pinch of Garlic Pepper (to taste) and finish browning the beef.
3. Add the Kidney Beans and Tomatoes, slightly chopped in the can (do not drain either)
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Stir and cover then simmer for 40 minutes
5. Add Elbow Macaroni (dry) and 16 oz. of water then simmer for 10-20 minutes, stirring frequently
Finished product will be thick like chowder & not soupy; you MUST serve with Green Onions. Serves 8 – The gas rating is a 5 on a scale of 10