1.25 lb Medium - White Shrimp peeled and de-veined (approximately 40 pieces)
1 ounce Bad Byron’s Butt Rub
1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (search my blog for the olive oil review)
1 Whole Garlic Bulb - Diced
6 Medium Green Onions - Diced
1. Rinse Shrimp well under cold water in colander
2. Place flour and Rub in a 1 gallon zip lock bag
3. Drop a handful of shrimp into the bag and seal, shaking bag until the shrimp are coated well. Remove and repeat until all shrimp are coated.4. Dump excess flour and rub mixture out of bag and place coated shrimp into the bag and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours (not absolutely necessary but it does help coating to stay on shrimp if you have the time)
1. Heat up the BGE to 450 degrees (flaming at the grate is just fine)
2. Place WOK or Grill Pan on BGE and pour in healthy portion of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Allow oil to heat up and add a handful of shrimp and fry, turning once and them remove (takes about 90 seconds to complete the cook at these temps and shrimp may be slightly undercooked-90% done because they're going back on the wok in a few minutes)
4. Repeat until all shrimp have been 'pre-cooked' adding extra virgin olive oil as needed.
5. Remove wok from heat and dump in another ounce or two of oil and add the diced green onions and garlic. Stir continuously until garlic begins to turn.
6. Dump in the plate of pre-cooked shrimp and using a wok spatula, gently stir the shrimp, mixing it with the green onions and garlic and oil.
7. After about 1-2 minutes the shrimp is done and you can remove from the wok for serving. Scrape on any green onion and garlic left in teh wok on top of the plated shrimp, there should be no left over EVOO at this point.