Saturday, July 7, 2012

Filets with Jail Break Rub and Gnocchi

I gotta sstop using my iPad as a camera and go back to taking good pictures.  These Fillets were AMAZING and they did NOT look like two clumps of mud as depicted here.  I guess I need to step up and get some kind of lighting set up (I just HATE to cross that line from casual blogging as a hobby to making this an avocation)...

Supper was simple tonight; some foil wrapped Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce with Basil and two Fillets (Free Range) nearly 2" thick, rubbed with my infamous Jail Break Rub.  Tossed on a few left over peppers with onions for a veggie.  Dinner was amazing...the pictures don't do it justice.

Ingredients
  • 2 - Free Range Fillets - 2" thick
  • 1 - 17 Oz. Pkg. Gnocchi
  • 1 - 8 oz. Can, Tomato Sauce (salt free)
  • A sprinkle of grated Parmesan
  • EVOO
  • Jail Break Rub
  • Basil (ground spice is fine, fresh is better)
Directions
  1. Fire up the grill to T-Rex (Full Flame) on a grid raised 2"
  2. Sear the Fillets and remove; let rest in foil
  3. Wrap the Gnocchi in foil (flat, single layer)
  4. Drizzle tomato sauce and sprinkle on basil then cover (make a flat foil packet)
  5. Place on Grid for 10-12 minutes; remove and remain covered 
  6. Return Fillets to grid and finish (about two minutes a side
  7. Remove and let rest before serving (while you set up the dinner table)

My Jail Break Steak Rub recipe is posted here on my blog but here is a jpeg of the recipe if you don't want to search.