This recipe for three is quick, easy and tasty; 40 minutes from start to finish tops; made especially easy with the Emile Henry Ceramic Wok…So good in fact I gave my Carbon Steel Wok away!
3 Cups, Instant Rice
1 Head Fresh Broccoli (organic)
6 each Small Chicken Thighs – Boned (Organic)
1-2 each small Chicken Breasts - Boneless
1 Bottle – Iron Chef Sesame and Garlic Sauce
1 Can – Bamboo Shoots
1 Can – Water Chestnuts (sliced)
1 Can – Baby Corn
5 Large Green Onions, chopped/minced
1/3 Cup EVOO
Options: Snap Peas; Bean Sprouts, Peppers, etc.
1. Mince garlic and onions
2. Cut thighs into ¾ - 1” pieces (bite sized)
- Fire up the Big Green Egg to full flame (T-REX HOT - Full Flame)
- Place Emile Henry 4 qt. Dutch Oven on grid and bring water to boil, add rice, stir and set aside.
Place Wok on Grid at fire ring level and add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Place all of the vegetables in Bamboo Steamer and steam until done, remove steamer and set aside.
- Dump water and return wok to grid, add EVVO and when oil is hot add the diced garlic and green onion and stir for 30 seconds then dump in chicken and wok until done, stirring constantly.
- Dump on Iron Chef sauce and stir, immediately add broccoli, water chestnuts and snap peas and stir for 3-5 minutes then remove from heat and serve over rice.