Sunday, August 21, 2011

Foodsaver (food - saviour) 101


I don't want to preach to the choir but my Foodsaver has really become more of a food - saviour in our freezer.   We were never big on buying food ahead and freezing, why, because it always got freezer burnt.  Tonight I'm cooking shrimp in the wok; our local grocery had a sale, so I purchased twice as much as I needed. 

The trick I use for things like shirimp is I make the bags larger than I need.  The reason is that these 60 count bags get used more than one time when there are just two of us, we might just thaw 20 pieces for a shrimp cocktail or to add to a casserole and that means we would have  had to cut three bags, OR reseal the original bag three times...it saves at least 50% on the bags and works very well.  Just a quick tip if you hadn't thought of that approach before.



No comments:

Post a Comment