Missouri Legacy Beef (free range) was the centerpiece for this new recipe tonight. Grilled up a pound on the Egg and the rest was like preparing for a salad...and this was so good you will never miss the Lamb guaranteed.
- 16 Oz. Plain Yogurt (low-fat)
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber, seeded and diced
- 4 Tbls. Onion (sweet or vidalia) chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Lb. Fresh Ground Beef (free range preferred) 85-15
- 1 1/2 Tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 Pita Breads, halfed and warmed
- 3 Cups, Lettuce (Organic) shredded
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Small Onion (sweet or vidalia) chopped
- Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate, this will be the sauce for the gyros.
- Combine the beef and the seasonings and grill until medium well (patties work well).
- Chop patties into chunks and start stacking; beef, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and gyro sauce. Serves 4.