Saturday, November 13, 2010
General Tso’s Wok Chicken II (Organic Chicken)
This recipe for four is quick, easy and tasty. If you enjoy Chinese, chicken and Broccoli you’ll love this one. This recipe is a slight variation from my original (more veggies and no white meat) and only takes about 40 – 45 minutes from start to finish including firing up the Egg; note that cleaning of the dirty dishes is not included in the preparation and cooking time.
• 2 Cups – Instant White Rice
• 1 Head - Fresh Broccoli
• 6 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless and ORGANIC)
• 2/3 Bottle - Iron Chef General Tso’s sauce
• 1 Cup - Snap Peas
• 1 Small – Vidalia or White Sweet Onion – diced or minced (about 2/3 cup)
• 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic (minced)
• 1 - 8 Oz. Can Water Chestnuts (sliced)
• 1 - 15 Oz. Can Baby Corn
Preparation and Cooking Directions
1. Bring 1 ½ Quarts of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Add rice, stir and set aside
3. Fire Up BGE to full T-Rex
4. Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch (bite size) pieces and set aside
5. Place wok on grid and add approximately a quart of water
6. Place vegetables in Bamboo Steamer and place on wok (when water begins to steam)
7. Cook until tender or al dente (preferred). Remove steamer and let sit.
8. Dump water and place Wok back on Grid at fire ring level and add EVOO.
9. When oil is hot add the diced garlic and onions and stir until onions start to turn translucent
10. Dump in chicken and stir fry until (done 6-8 minutes)
11. Add broccoli, water chestnuts and snap peas and stir for 3-5 minutes then add the General Tso’s sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and serve over rice.