This recipe is another example of the versatility of the Tri-Tip cut of beef. Cut into cubes for Kabobs this marinade makes for a surprisingly tasty use of this cut. Combined with Roasted Indigo Potatoes and some Roasted Cabbage, this was a meal to enjoy.
- 1 Tri-Tip (Free Range) from Missouri Legacy Beef
Béarnaise Vinaigrette Marinade (Can also serve as a salad dressing
- 3 Shallots (minced)
- ¾ Cup White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Chopped Tarragon
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves (Minced or sub 1-2 Tbls. Minced Garlic)
- 1 Tbls. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Fresh ground peppercorns
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ Cup EVOO
- Cube tri-tip into manageable kabob size pieces (1 ½”-2”) & place in a large freezer bag
- Whisk together Marinade/Dressing ingredients (minus the oil)
- Slowly add equal portions of the canola and EVOO and stir until blended.
- Pour over tri-tip chunks, seal the bag and let marinate for 4 hours minimum in the refrigerator
- Remove 30 minutes before skewering; Skewer (using the Rosle Grilling Kabob Rack here) and grill over open flame.
Note: If you add potatoes to this cook (as pictured here) you can parboil them first and they will finish at the same time the meat gets to medium rare.