NEW RECIPE TONIGHT !!!Moroccan style tagine chicken (Apricot and Cilantro flavored) stew using Alfez sauce and the Emile Henry Flametop Tagine. Another ONE DISH wonder tonight...and I love simple and single pot cooking for sure. The tagine is a great vessel for this purpose and we just don't use it enough. Served up in a EH Roaster.
- 3.5 LARGE Chicken Breasts (free range if available)
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 1 Jar (11.5 Oz.) Alfez Tagine Sauce (available at World Market)
- 3-4 Stalks Celery
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 10-12 Small Yellow Potatoes
- 1 Medium Vidalia Onion
- 12-20 Baby Carrots
- Fire Up the Big Green Egg (for this recipe I partially par-boiled the veggies because we were in a hurry) and insert plate setter legs up; bring up to 350 degrees F.
- EVOO in bottom of Tagine
- Chop Veggies and Chicken into approximately 1" cubes
- Dump Veggies into Tagine
- Add Chicken Broth
- Cover with Chicken chunks and cover Tagine
- Place on Egg for 30 minutes. Check chicken, do not add sauce until chicken is 80-90% cooked.
- When Chicken is to temperature, dump in Sauce and Stir.
- Return lid on tagine and cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve from Tagine to plates.
POST DINNER HINT: Reduce chicken broth to 1 cup and you could go as much as double on the sauce for total perfection...