Picked up a ‘homemade’ Sour Cream Crumb Cake mix (all natural ingredients) made by Pelican Bay at Tallulah’s in downtown COMO and gave it a run today and it turned out moist and wonderful…I’m not sure it’s going to make it to dessert for dinner tonight! This one goes into the recipe book as a box mix as good as anything from scratch we’ve made! 4 Stars!
1 – Sour Cream Crumb Cake Mix – Pelican Bay (all natural)
1 Cup – Sour Crème
1 Egg – (Free Range in our home)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl cream together sour cream, 1 stick melted butter and the egg.
2. Add cake mix and blend.
3. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 12 baking pan.
4. Melt 1 stick of butter, place in mixing bowl, add the Crisp Mix Pouch to the butter and mix until crumbly.
5. Sprinkle evenly on top of the batter in the baking pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes (or it passes the clean knife insertion test)
7. Cool for 15 minutes then cut and serve.
Follow Tallulah’s on Facebook at