Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bamboo Steamer on the Big Green Egg

In my quest to cook ALL THINGS BGE and to NEVER use our Kitchen Stove or Oven again, I fired up the BGE to about 600 Degrees with an open flame and tried my new Bamboo Steamer.


With the Wok as the vessel I place water in it until it was about a 1/2" from the edge of the bottom ring of the Bamboo Steamer.

I placed two layers of Steamer full of Broccoli and Water Chestnuts, capped it with the Lid and came back about 15 minutes later to the MOST PERFECT STEAMED BROCCOLI I HAVE EVER ATE. I moved the steamer to the side and prepared some General Tsos's Chicken in the wok, added the veggies and ... well it's all gone!

I guess I'm setting the electric steamer out to the Good Will collection box in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. that just is the biz. I have done the same on a little camper stove....but again the BGE saves the day......try searing the meat if you do a stir fry with long mini corns....pot in the corner with some noodles on warm...and the chuck it all together....so much fun to be had. Great pics also.

    ReplyDelete