Nothing can beat well prepared, ‘butt rubbed’ pork tenderloin and this recipe bursts with flavor. Using boneless, skinless pork tenderloin and just a few simple ingredients you’ll never think of tenderloin the same again; serves well as leftovers.
Ingredients Recommended1 or 2 Pork Tenderloin (1.25-1.5 lbs) Skinless and boneless
Baby Spinach Leaves Fresh
Chopped Garlic cloves Substitute Garlic Salt
Bundle Green Onions Whole
Garlic Pepper Seasoning Big Green Egg Brand
Rub Bad Byron’s Butt Rub Get yours at Buttrub.com
Optional Asparagus and/or Mozzarella cheese Fresh
1. Spiral cut the tenderloin and spread flat
2. Coat both sides lightly with olive oil
3. Lay spinach leaves (or asparagus, or both), chopped garlic cloves, Garlic Pepper Seasoning (to taste) and whole green onions toward one end.
4. Roll up and tie with cooking twine
5. Rub the outside with Bad Byron’s Butt Rub
1. The Big Green Egg temperature should be stabilized at 4500
2. Place Loin directly on the grill and seal all around (with lid open)
3. Remove from heat for 5 minutes (let the meat relax)
4. Close lid and reduce stabilize heat at 250-260 degrees.
5. The loin will need to cook for 60 to 90 minutes (and remember if you are looking you are not cooking!)6. You should use a meat thermometer to track the temperature until it reaches 155-160 degrees
7. Remove from heat, slice and serve hot.
Recommended Side Dishes and Deserts• Red Skin Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts and Jalapenos on the side
• Iced Tea with Lemon
This recipe was first discovered and ‘borrowed’ from the http://www.outdoorhome.com website and subsequently modified (thank you)