Sunday, September 22, 2013

Betty Crocker Pizza Dough is the BEST!

I've been following food blogs for 5-6 years now and I watch people spend hours on dough preparation; I take five minutes.  I tried it all, the Kitchenaide dough hooks variety, fresh dough from the store, or a local pizza parlor, Boboli, even Pillsbury roll out dough (my second favorite).  Sorry, for my taste, indoor oven or on the Grill, Betty Crocker mix suits our tastes just fine and tonight was one of those prep it, cook it, clean it and get off my feet nights.  No awards are going to be won with this pizza tonight...it IS all gone however.
SAUSAGE WITH BELL PEPPERS AND A SPRINKLING OF PEPPERONI
PEPPERONI AND A SPRINKLING OF SAUSAGE

Served up on our Emile Henry Flame Cookware stones...we were in mass production tonight so I used them as cutting boards instead of cooking on them.  It's as much about the ingredients as anything. And tonight we even went less than full organic, lol. 

Used precooked sausage and pepperoni and about 1 Cup of grated fresh Parmesan, A half cup of shredded Mozzarella, and 2 cups of a Mozzarella/Provolone combo. 
MY FAVORITE...CANNOT BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE...

Add Uncle Jon's Summer Kitchen Pizza Sauce and Aunt Sue's Pickled Banana peppers and some EVOO on the dough and you are READY TO BAKE.  On the Egg, it would be 500+ for ten minutes, in the oven it is 450 for about 15-16 minutes.

And for my Muncie Friends...I cut it in squares but this AIN'T no Pizza King Royal Feast...no way; even with the Red Peppers sprinkled on thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment