Did you ever start out with your grocery list, or your weekend meal planning and actually never land on anything near what you started out to buy or prepare? Today was one of those days. Started out thinking I would Wok up some General Tso's and ended up with General Confusion...a combination of stir fry and General Tso's; very tasty but nothing you'll find in my cookbook.
Iingredients that ended up in this dish
- Chicken tenderloins, chopped (the equivalent of 3 very large breasts)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper
- Paul Prudhomme's Pork Seasoning (meant to grab the poultry seasoning)
- 4 Bundles of Udon noodles
- 1 8 Oz. Can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 1 15 Oz. Can Baby Corn
- 6 Green Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Bottle General Tso's Sauce
- Chop Chicken into 1 inch pieces (approximately)
- Cut Peppers into 2 inch sticks
- Mince Green onions and garlic together (set all those ingredients aside)
- Boil Water in Emile Henry Wok
- Drop in Udon noodles for 4 minutes
- Pour into colander and set aside.
- Drizzle in some EVOO and cook the chicken, set aside.
- Next, drizzle in some EVOO and stir fry the veggies to tender crisp
- Combine chicken and veggies and add G Tso's Sauce, stir until blended well
- Dump in Udon noodles, stir, remove and serve.