You all know that I LOVE to make one dish meals (some refer to them as casseroles, I prefer one-dish) so I pulled this gem out of that stack of hamburger recipes I have been collecting and was pleasantly surprised how great this turned out. I was simple and quick to prepare and 45 minutes from start to plating.
This could EASILY be done on the Egg or the Rosle too but by the time I fired one of them up I already had this in the oven; yes even I do some indoor oven cookin' once in a while!
- 1 Lb. Lean ground beef (Free Range if you have it)
- 1/4 Cup White Rice (boil in bag will do)
- 1 1/2 - 2 Cups Fresh Broccoli Florets i.e. little to no stem
- 1 Can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese soup (condensed)
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 1/2 Tbls. Unsalted Butter
- A large DASH of Garlic Parsley Corn Seasoning
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Grind in a fresh Tsp. of 4 Color Black Peppercorn
- 1/2 Cup 2% Milk (Organic)
Directions - It literally couldn't be any easier
- Boil a quart of water with the boil in bag for 10 minutes and remove.
- Melt the butter and mix with the bread crumbs.
- Brown the burger with salt, seasoning and pepper, add the milk, soup, rice and stir until mixed well
- Pour into a 9 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle the crumbs on top.
- Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove and serve.