Monday, April 29, 2013

Beef Broccoli One Dish Meal

...since we worked outdoors since 8 this morning  (some vacation day) and didn't make any plans for grilling I started late on our early dinner... 

You all know that I LOVE to make one dish meals (some refer to them as casseroles, I prefer one-dish) so I pulled this gem out of that stack of hamburger recipes I have been collecting and was pleasantly surprised how great this turned out.  I was simple and quick to prepare and 45 minutes from start to plating.  

This could EASILY be done on the Egg or the Rosle too but by the time I fired one of them up I already had this in the oven; yes even I do some indoor oven cookin' once in a while! 
 

Ingredients
  • 1 Lb. Lean ground beef (Free Range if you have it)
  • 1/4 Cup White Rice (boil in bag will do)
  • 1 1/2 - 2 Cups Fresh Broccoli Florets i.e. little to no stem
  • 1 Can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese soup (condensed)
  • 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 2 1/2  Tbls. Unsalted Butter
  • A large DASH of Garlic Parsley Corn Seasoning
  • Dash of Sea Salt
  • Grind in a fresh Tsp. of 4 Color Black Peppercorn
  • 1/2 Cup 2% Milk (Organic)

Directions - It literally couldn't be any easier
  1. Boil a quart of water with the boil in bag for 10 minutes and remove.
  2. Melt the butter and mix with the bread crumbs.
  3. Brown the burger with salt, seasoning and pepper, add the milk, soup, rice and stir until mixed well
  4. Pour into a 9 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle the crumbs on top.
  5. Cook in a preheated 350 degree  oven for 30 minutes.  Remove and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess you're doing a working vacation :)

    I had that kind of day today too, dinner was just wings using a commercial rub and a commercial sauce. Nothing creative on my end :(

    ReplyDelete