Saturday, February 2, 2013

Super Bowl Naked Wings

NAKED WINGS !!!
Preparing for the Big Weekend Game we'll be fixing this simple recipe which consistently turns out wonderfully and then we will toss them around in some mild wing sauce, and some hot wing sauce with minced garlic after cooking...
 
Ingredients
  • 4 Lb. – Chicken Drumettes (approx.25- 30 pieces)
  • Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Poultry Seasoning
Directions
1. Rinse chicken in the sink and drain.
2. Place pieces in a large plastic bag or mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle the poultry seasoning generously and mix or shake to cover each piece lightly and set aside (return to refrigerator if you are not going to grill in the next 30-40 minutes)
4. Fire up your Egg and raise the grid by 2”; place the extended grid on top of the original and close the lid and let the temperature stabilize at about 350 degrees.
5. Once stabilized open the lid and place all the wingettes and drumettes onto the grids and close the lid and let cook until done (approximately 20 minutes). Turning once might be necessary. When finished remove and let sit for 5 minutes then toss in your favorite dipping sauces or serve naked.
 
As a Bengal fan I've clearly got no dog in this hunt but
I'm gonna predict the score will be Ravens 27 vs. the 49'ers 24, or not. 
Don't really care as long as the SuperBowl Commercials are epic!


2 comments:

  1. You weren't far off on the spread, lol. I do my wings direct on my charcoal grill but on my Egg I usually go indirect. Takes a lot longer but I'm lazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog searching for Egg recipes... My husband and I love wings. We probably eat them once per week, so we're always looking for new ways to fix them. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete