1 Pkg. Refrigerated Pie Crusts
½ Cup Sugar
2 Tbls. Cornstarch
¼ Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 Cans (21 Oz.) Tart Cherry Pie Filling
1 ½ Cups Fresh Organic Blueberries
1 Egg White
1 Tsp. Water
1 Tsp. Sugar
1. Preheat the BGE to 425 degrees; with plate setter legs up (indirect).
2. Press one pie crust into your Emile Henry Pie Plate.
3. In a large bowl mix your sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon.
4. Stir in the cherry pie filling and blueberries then spoon into the crust.
5. Cover the pie with the second crust and flute the edges. Cut a hole in the center and decorate as you deem appropriate
Place in Egg (I recommend using a cover for the edges to reduce burning, especially for beginning pie bakers like myself) and bake for 35 minutes (lid down) and check. Depending on your temperature control on the BGE it will be finished in 40-45 minutes on the outside. If it runs a little hot e.g. 450 just check earlier.
7. Note to beginners not used to baking pies on the grill: If you can use ceramic feet under your pie pan or go legs down on the plate setter if you find the crust gets dark on the bottom.
Awesome Pie Recipe on the Egg using a Emile Henry award winning Pie Dish!