...and occasional ORGANIC, GREEN or SUSTAINABLE cooking tidbits as well as the occasional off topic post.
Selected as one of the "100 Best Blogs for Healthy and Delicious Recipes" by Nursing Schools.net
Friday, August 12, 2011
Chow Mein Soup
This recipe is a simple ingredient, no fuss, and quick one dish meal/soup. Lots of possible variations on the items you could add to change this recipe to your individual tastes.
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1 Tbsp. Red Chili Olive Oil
· 5 small Green Onions, chopped fine
· 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
· 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
· 1 Large Red Bell Pepper (fresh; chopped into thin pieces)
· 2 Stalks Celery (chopped)
· 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
· 8 Oz. Pork Tenderloin, cut into ¾” pieces
· 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
· 2 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar (substitute rice wine)
· 1 Small Red Chili (seeded and minced)
· 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ground Ginger
· 1 Tsp. Finely Chopped Lemongrass
· 6 Oz. Chow Mein Noodles
· Fresh ground Seat Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
· Paul Prudhommes Pork and Veal Magic (to taste)
· 8 Oz. can Sliced Water Chestnuts
PREPARATION AND COOKING
1. Dust pork with Prudhommes spice while heating EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium/high heat and brown pork, remove from pan.
2. Add more EVOO and the onions, garlic, bell pepper and cook until tender.
3. In a bowl mix the cornstarch with enough vegetable stock to make a paste, add to vegetables and stir for 1 minute.