· Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 4 Tbsp. all purpose Flour
· 1 Small - Medium Sweet Onion (finely chopped)
· 1 Large Red or Green Bell Pepper (pre roasted or fresh; chopped fine)
· 2 Stalks Celery (chopped)
· 5 Cups Chicken Broth (low sodium)
· 1 - 14 oz. Can – Diced Tomatoes (drained)
· 4 Garlic Cloves (or 1 ½ Tbsp. prepared minced garlic)
· 4 ½ oz. Fresh Okra (chopped into 1/2” pieces (or substitute 7-8 oz. Canned Okra)
· 8 Tbsp. White Rice
· 12 13 oz. Cooked Chicken, Cubed (canned pre-cooked works fine)
· 8 oz. Mild Italian Sausage dusted with Garlic Powder (or substitute Garlic Sausage)
· Fresh ground Seat Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and brown sausage, remove from pan.
2. Add more EVOO and the flour and stir until mixture is golden brown.
3. Combine the onion, celery, bell pepper, and continue to simmer until onion turns translucent.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil making sure that flour is not sticking to the bottom of the pan; stirring in the tomatoes, garlic, okra and rice.
5. Add the chicken and sausage then season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Shut down BGE and let simmer for 20 minutes and serve hot with Yeast Rolls.