Just a slight variation on my original Beef Skillet Burritos (substituted Chili Seasoning for Tack Seasoning) with lots of choices and options allowed in this quick and easy beef dish utilizing common taco or burrito ingredients cooked up in a cast iron skillet or paella pan on high heat on the BGE.
1 Lb. Free-Range Lean Ground Beef
1 Pkg. Taco Seasoning (pick your poison)
1 14 Oz. Can, Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained
1 Cup Chunky Salsa (pick your favorite chunky variety)
1 Cup Water
4 Each 6” Flour Tortillas cut into 1 ½” pieces
1- 1 1/2 Cups, finely shredded Mexican Cheese Mixture (3-4 varieties)
4 Large Green Onions, chopped
½ Cup Sour Crème
1/2 + Cup Vidalia Onion, chopped
4 Garlic cloves, minced
Optional ingredients (and toppings)
1. Preheat BGE with raised grid to high heat.
2. Place skillet on grid and drizzle in some EVOO
3. Brown the ground beef, Vidalia onions and garlic until done.
4. Stir in taco seasoning, beans, salsa and water; stir an bring to boil; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in tortillas, top with cheese and let stand until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from grill and serve directly from the skillet on top of a bed of lettuce and tomatoes, garnish with sour crème and green onions (add optional toppings as desired).