1 Lb. Pkg. Potato Gnocchi
1 – 14 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
4 – ¼ lb. Italian Sausage Links
½ chopped large Sweet Onion
½ Bulb Fresh Garlic, Minced
1 Tbls. Italian seasoning (equal amounts of basil, oregano, cumin)
¼ Cup Water
½ Tsp. Fresh Ground Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
1 Tsp. Parsley
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grated Romano/Parmesan cheese (for topping)
1. Fire up the Egg to FULL FLAME on extended ring.
2. Bring water to boil for Gnocchi and boil until it all floats, remove and drain, set aside.
3. Heat EVOO in a saucepan over high heat and add onions. Cook until translucent then add all the spices and cook until soft.
4. Add Tomatoes and water and bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
5. Heat EVOO in skillet and brown sausage links. Remove from heat and slice into ½ inch slices, replace on skillet and brown throughout.
6. Remove from skillet and stir into saucepan and bring to boil again. Add Gnocchi and stir. Cover and remove from fire, let set for 10 minutes sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Even the Dog GENO (Italian Greyhound) couldn't resist this dish!