Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cascadian Farm Organic Granola Bars

After days of gluttony associated with the Thanksgiving holiday I thought it would be nice to post something sustainable and organic for a change...
Today I received a package from Cascadian Farm Organic products...having not had breakfast, I opened the box of Peanut Pretzel Granola Bars (I often have some kind of a bar for breakfast as I run out the door).
Expecting something dry and unexciting like many 'organic' products I was pleasently surprised with a moist and very tasty granola bar.
These bars (Certified USDA Organic) are made of Rolled Oats with peanuts and pretzels dipped in rich chocolate flavored coating.
A box contaings 5 individual wrapped 1.2 oz. (35 g) bars. I would describe them as a product that pleases both the sweet and salty urges that
you often have (you know, when you want to eat chocolate and potatoe chips at the same time in massive quantities).
This organic bar is produced from products grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers and contains no artificial flavors or preservatives.
Even the box is made from 100% recycled paperboard; and if that wasn't enough they also participate in the Boxtops for Education program...it's like they thought of everything. Unfortunately I haven't found these products in my local Florida Markets yet but I'm going to start asking for them.
The bars are 160 calories (60 from fat) with 180 mg Sodium. A variety of products are available and you can find out more about these and other products on http://www.cascadianfarm.com/ or by calling 1-800-624-4123 C.T. zone).
This review was provided without compensation or relationship with this company. This is frankly just really good stuff! Watch for a review of their cereal product soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment