1 - Freezer Style Pie Crust (9 inch)
2 cans – 16 oz. Pitted Red Tart Cherries, Drained
1 1/3 cups – Sugar1/3 cup – All Purpose Flour
¼ tsp. – Almond Extract2 Tbsp. – Butter (unsalted)
1. Preheat BGE to 425 degrees and stabilize (insert plate setter)
2. Prepare pastry.
3. Mix sugar and flour then stir in cherries.
4. Turn into pastry lined 9 inch pyrex pie plate; sprinkle with almond extract and dot with butter cubes.
5. Cover edges of pie with 2-3 inch strips of aluminum foil (prevents excessive browning).
6. Bake until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, approximately 40 minutes.