Recipe makes two (2) 14 inch pizza dough’s for your Big Green Egg and can be frozen for use later as well.
2 Cups of warm water (100-100 degrees-hotter and the yeast will fail)
2 envelopes of active yeast (1/4 ounce packages)
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
5 cups All-Purpose unbleached white flour
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1½ tsp thyme
½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
½ cup EVOO
1. Stir together yeast and 2 cups warm water & let sit for 5 minutes
2. Stir into Mixing Bowl, the yeast water, 3 cups of white flour, 1 cup of wheat flour, the salt, and thyme sugar and parmesan cheese.
3. Mix with Pastry Beaters on low and make sure to scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
4. Mix to a still dough consistency and then place dough into large mixing bowl (greased well and with a tablespoon of EVOO on the bottom).
5. Roll the dough in the EVOO to coat the outside, cover with a kitchen towel and place in a 80 degree room for 45 minutes.
6. After 45 minutes you can punch down the dough (should have risen to double the original size) and roll out onto a lightly floured table top and kneed in another ¼ cup (if needed) of flour. (NOTE: If your are going to freeze the dough do not turn out and kneed until you are going to USE the dough, go directly to separating and freezing)
7. Divide into (2) two dough balls and roll out into about a 14” surface and prepare for cooking.