Pizza on the Big Green Egg is as close to brick oven pizza as you can get without the brick oven. This recipe is a slight variation on the Chicken Bobo, uses less cheese, substitutes green onions for chopped white onions and adds Roma Tomatoes. It still utilizes store bought ingredients and doesn’t require you to prepare pizza sauce and with NO LOSS OF FLAVOR OR ENJOYMENT.
Ingredients Recommended2 Chicken Breasts – Boneless, Skinless
1 12 “ Boboli Pizza Crust Regular not Thin
1 Pkg. Boboli Pizza Sauce (1/2 cup)
¾ Cup Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
2 Cups Colby-Jack Cheese – Shredded
Shaker Shredded Parmesan Cheese Kraft
Bunch Green Onions (5 medium)
¾ Large Green Pepper
½ cup Sliced Olives with Pimentos
4 cloves Garlic
Preparation and Cooking Directions
1) Remove Grill and Preheat and stabilize Big Green Egg to 400 degrees.
2) Insert Diverter rack and stabilize temperature.
3) Slice VERY thin all vegetables and set aside (use a ceramic slicer to get them paper thin), you’ll have to slice the Roma tomatoes with a knife to get them really thin without smashing them
4) Slice Chicken breasts into quarters and brown in Olive Oil and garlic until 98% done (juices will be running)
5) Remove from heat and dice, set aside.
6) Place Boboli Crust on a BGE Pizza Stone
7) Rub Olive Oil on crust then spread Boboli Pizza Sauce evenly
8) Add 3/4 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, Chicken and 1 cup of the Colby Jack Cheese
9) Layer on the remaining vegetables and cover with remaining Colby Jack Cheese
10) Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese (to taste but fairly heavy).
11) Top with the sliced Olives and Pimentos
12) Place in Big Green Egg, Close Cover and cook for 25 minutes and DO NOT PEEK!
13) Open BGE, slice with pizza cutter right on the Pizza Stone and serve directly to plates.