Friday, May 20, 2011

Battle Stations! Guy Fieri Knife Set is ALMOST completed!

It all started really innocently. I had tried out the Guy Fieri Chef knife and LOVED it so I found one online for about 40 cents on the dollar and bought it. I couldn't stop myself after that, so I made a deal with my wife that I would continue until satiated and it would be my Birthday (June).

So the journey continued, one knife at a time until I finally added the block...and the set is complete, along with 8 steak knives.  GONE FOREVER are all my wusthof knives...I'll put them in my sons hope chest.  I'm not trying to start a knife endorsement here, I just like these knives and hey, it's my birthday next month so this is the TOY I most wanted to play with (or update).

The knives were all purchased online, amazon or eBay, at a total cost of about 35-40% of retail.  EVERYTHING shipped free but one item and in original packages unused. I am thrilled.   It's the same way I buy an occastional piece of Emile Henry Flame Top cookware...esnipe on eBay...






















There is a meat cleaver to add to this collection but so far I've been unable to locate it...so maybe one of you can find it and ship it to me for my Birthday in June, Ha.

The Story Behind Guy's Knives
“In 2007 I met the designers of Ergo Chef at a gourmet show. I used the cutlery on stage during my demo and was given a set to take home. After a year of wear and tear in my kitchen - trust me it can be a knife gauntlet - I was hooked on the quality and design of Ergo Chef’s product. Before I knew it, I was teaming up with them to develop my own collection. We sketched a range of designs lookin’ for the select few that really rocked technically and aesthetically!" - Guy
Knuckle Sandwich Knife Run Down
  • The blades are precision heat treated to 56RC to keep a great edge
  • Patented ergonomic design is created to be an extension of your hand for natural comfort
  • Made of high carbon German stainless steel (X50CrMoV15) for stain resistance
  • Full tang and abbreviated bolster adds strength and balance
  • Hollow ground ovals in blade promote less stick and smoother cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment