Summer is just around the corner so our grills will start to fire up two or three times a wekk now. Here is a recipe is a quick and easy variation on a skillet version I read in Food and Family magazine from Kraft that substitutes Lawrey's BBQ sauce for theirs and is prepared in a WOK instead of in a skillet or on the stove.
Prep to Eat Time (including firing up the BGE) is about 1 hour
and serves 3-4 depending on the quantity of chicken you prepare and
• 2 Large, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (organic)
• 1 Red Bell Pepper (organic)
• 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (organic)
• 1 Orange Bell Pepper (organic)
• 2-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 1 ½-2 Cups, Water
• ¼ Cup Lawry’s Baja Chipotle Marinade (w/lime juice)
• Options: Substitute any marinade or BBQ sauce you wish!
• 1/4 Cup – Mozzarella Cheese
• 1 Cup – Colby/Monterey Jack Cheese (Substitute a 4-5 cheese combination)
• 1 Large or 2 Medium Tomatoes Chopped (Organic or substitute 1 -14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes, drained)
• 4-6 Small Green Onions (Organic)
• 1 ½ Cups, Instant Rice
1. Heat Big Green Egg to Medium High to High Heat
2. Coarsely chop Bell Peppers and Tomato, slice Green Onions and mince the garlic cloves. Set Onions aside.
3. Shred all cheese (or use prepacked shredded cheese) and set aside.
Put water in Wok and bring to near boil,
add rice and stir until tender, remove and place in serving bowl.
Coat Wok with EVOO and brown the chicken breasts until almost done then
add vegetables and garlic and stir fry 4-6 minutes or until vegetables
6. Add the Cheese and stir until melted then add the BBQ sauce and stir until chicken and vegetables are coated
7. Remove from wok and serve over rice topped with green onions.