Tonight we are having 'STEAKS ON THE GRILL." Since everyone can do that, I thought that I would pull a recipe out of the archives and give you something different to consider, Pork Chops. The original recipe was converted from PorkBeInspired.com right after they changed their slogan from 'Pork, the Other White Meat." This is an amazing dish that serves 4, I hope you enjoy, follow my posts on Facebook after clicking on this page, Keep On Eggin'
- 4 - 1" Pork Chops (boneless rib chops, trimmed.
- 1 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbls. Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Coarse Sea Salt
- 3 slices Fresh Pineapple, cut crosswise about 1/2-inch thick, trimmed
- 3 Jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- 1 Tbls. Lime Juice
- Coarse Sea Salt, to taste
1. In a shallow bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Sprinkle both sides of pork with spice mixture.
2. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill pork until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill pineapple (if using fresh) and jalapeno until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, dice pineapple and finely dice jalapeno. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeno, and lime juice and season to taste with salt.
Serving Suggestions:You can make the salsa with grilled peaches, nectarines or mangoes. If you like, add chopped onion or cilantro to the salsa. Likewise, feel free to play with the rub ingredients to make the mixture your own.