A variation on a more traditional Kiao Man (Wonton soup) this recipe substitutes green onions for scallions, Sake for Rice Wine and chicken for pork. The preparation to eating time about one hour and this recipe feeds 4 as a meal or 6-8 single servings as a Soup or Appetizer
8 cups – Chicken Broth
9 Oz. – Cooked Chicken Breast meat
1 Cup – Chopped Fresh Bok Choy
12-18 Medium/Large – Cooked, peeled shrimp
24-28 Wonton Wrappers
1 cup – Diced Baby Mushrooms
Note: The next four ingredients are split ½ for Soup and ½ for Wontons
2 TBS – Sake
2 TBS – Soy Sauce
2 Tsp – Brown Sugar
5 Large- Green Onions
6 Tsp. – Fresh Ground Ginger Root
Preparation of the Wontons
1. In a chopper or food processor place the chicken, shrimp and remaining ingredients.
2. Chop fine and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Place one teaspoon of mixture onto a wonton noodle, wet the edges, fold into a triangle, wet edges again and fold one more time.
4. Place wontons in large pot of boiling water and boil until they float to the top.
Preparing the Soup
1. Bring chicken broth to a rolling boil
2. Add ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add Wontons and simmer for 10 more minutes (very low temperature) and serve.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Haven't posted since December 5th but have cooked on the egg...sans pictures. Kids are on their way home for the holidays so I'll be cooking up some stir fry, some General Tsos, some steak and shrimp, et al. when we are not traveling to see the inlaws. Happy Holidays.